Monday, May 14, 2012

The Importance of Ceremony


One of the things that I am not so good at is celebrating successes.  When I accomplish something I usually start immediately looking for the next task or project.  After I finished school I started looking for the next thing.  I have dabbled with repairing cell phones, I am considering writing a book and even thinking about going for a masters degree in a couple of years.  When I started my bachelors my kids asked if they got to go to the graduation ceremony, at the time I told them yes.  As the time approached I started to try to get out of it.   They would not allow it, and now I am kind of glad.  I have never been a big fan of the pomp and circumstance associated with graduations and stuff like that but I was again reminded of their value.  In my first blog post I mentioned that I took an assessment test that stated that I could be happy with many different kinds of jobs.  My instructor at the time warned me about a down side.  She said that I would hop from one thing to another and if I did not make sure to recognize my successes I would get to the end of my life and think that I had accomplished nothing.   So even though I finished in December I truly celebrated my graduation just a couple of days ago.  I had great support from family and friends while I was pursuing a bachelor’s degree.  I am grateful for the support and the success




No comments:

Post a Comment