Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Book Recomendations

Now that I am out of school I am reading for myself again.  I have a nook and a 45 minute commute on the train so reading a book is a great way to pass the time.  I have recently finished 2 books that I enjoyed and thought I would pass the recommendations along.

Atlas Shrugged:  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9469037-atlas-shrugged

This was a tougher book for me to read because the author sometimes drove her point home with a sledge hammer.  There were several times I was reading and thinking "OK I get it move on"   Over all I liked the book it sends a good message about the importance of production and thinking.  Its a  slap in the face to some of the current political philosophy out there now and I can see why Hollywood would not like the movie.

Ready Player One:  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12382340-ready-player-one

This was a really fun book to read.  It was full of 80's pop culture reference and geeky stuff.  I liked the concept of the OASIS.  Its technology that is almost feasible for us today and could create the same benefits and problems outlined in the book.

I am on good reads since I didn't have enough social media in my life find me there if you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment