Thursday, December 22, 2011

School = Done

The first week in December I finished my last final.  It was a great feeling to be done and now I am just waiting for my grades.  It has been interesting for the last couple of weeks.  I get home at a decent time and am not sure what to do with my self without studding or projects to complete.  This seems like a good time to summarize what I learned over the last 5 semesters.

  1. The entire congress needs to sit through some basic economics courses. (most elected officials for that matter)  As a country we would not be in the mess we are in now if  our leaders understood supply and demand and other basic economic principles.
  2. The teacher matters.
    1. I had 3 instructors that I would never take a class from again and they have no business teaching in a university setting.
    2. I had 3 that I would re-arrange my schedule to make sure they were my instructor because they were that good.
    3. The rest were somewhere in between that.
    4. Student should be able to get a partial refund when they are given a completely incompetent instructor.
  3. Text books are still a rip off and students need to find a way to rebel and stop buying them as much as possible.
  4. It is possible to have a class change your life and views (even at my age)
  5. Life long learning is critical to life, you are either growing or dieing.
 I have been asked what are you going to do now that you have graduated?  I'm mulling over several ideas now expect to read about that further in future blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment